Tourism Industry Community

Experience Bhutan

Bhutan is seemly a great destination to do day hikes that take you up and close to many hill-top villages, remote valleys, monasteries, retreat centers. The trails that lead to these destinations are sometimes a small path on the ridge of terraced rice fields. In some case, it’s paved with wildflowers during spring.
During winter, the walk may trigger the sound emanated by stirring dry shredded deciduous leaves, breaking the silence of stilly forests. Largely, it traverses through farmhouses, field, and school etc, a typical case where the journey is as beautiful as the destination.
There are several opportunities for day hikes from the comforts of the hotels. Aesthetically, taking it a step further, a day or 2 at the most camping under the starry Himalayan sky and for that matter, even farmhouse stay overnight potentially can add a new dimension to your experience.

1 Like

@karmagelin The community is new and we’re so glad you saw value in it to make a post. Though I wanted to point out that you made your post in the Tourism Events category which is reserved for posts and discussions about tourism events.

Are there any upcoming events going on in Bhutan that others should know about? It’d be a great way to keep this post on topic in the category. Thanks!

Greetings from Bhutan! Once again thank you so much for accepting my above topic and looking forward to discussing related to Bhutan travel and tours.
Thank you.

Thanks for coming back and engaging with your post. Your reply made us realize that we’re probably going to be having a lot of destination specific conversations. Because of this we’ve created a Destinations category with subtopic destinations. I’ve moved this topic to the Bhutan category. Thanks!